Located in Lyme Regis, Dorset
This delightful, characterful property retains many of its original features and is set within the magnificent 350 acre Rousdon Estate with its mansion, chapel, gate lodges, gardens.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
From the estate, there is direct access to the Axmouth to Lyme Regis Undercliffs National Nature Reserve, where wild deer, foxes and squirrels can be seen. The property is situated a short distance from the Jurassic Coast, England’s first Natural World Heritage Site. This stretch of coastline spans more than ninety miles of cliffs, beaches and coastal formations such as Durdle Door and Ladram Bay. Visit nearby Lyme Regis with its unspoilt seafront, sheltered beach and array of shops and places to eat, or why not enjoy a boat trip from the ancient harbour. Lyme Regis is an ideal location for families, as children can play and adults can relax on the sun loungers and catch up with some reading. Other places to visit nearby include the village of Beer with its caves and sheltered bay, the seaside towns of Seaton and Sidmouth, Axmouth with it’s Axe Estuary, pretty Branscombe and numerous National Trust properties and gardens, all easily accessible by car. There are many other attractions including Crealy Adventure Park, Axe Valley Wildlife Park Seaton Tramway and Lyme Regis Marine Aquarium.
On entering this traditional style property, you will find the entrance dining hall, where there is ample room around the dining table to enjoy leisurely meals with family and friends. Stepping into the kitchen/diner, you will find a large range style cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer and a kitchen table ideal for breakfast or supper. Heading into the spacious lounge, you will notice the original mullion window which floods the room with light, making it a lovely space to relax in front of the TV/DVD and cosy electric effect wood burner fire. Completing the ground floor is a WC accessed from the entrance hallway. Moving upstairs, there are three well-presented bedrooms. Firstly, there is a spacious double room with an en suite WC and a sofa to relax on to enjoy distant sea views of the English Channel from the window. A second bedroom is on the same floor with 2’6″ twin beds. Close by is a shower room with WC. A small flight of stairs takes you to a further double bedroom, adjacent to this room is a convenient bathroom with a shower over the bath and WC.
Outside the property is a spacious enclosed garden that boasts far-reaching views. There is outdoor seating available for dining alfresco or enjoying a morning coffee. Off-road parking is available for two cars.
- Charming property situated within the expansive grounds of the Rousdon Estate, see the mansion, chapel, gate lodges and gardens within the 350-acre estate
- Spacious enclosed garden with room to play and take in the view
- Distant sea views towards Charton Bay and located a short distance from the Jurassic Coast
- Perfect for those looking for a peaceful getaway in tranquil surroundings
- 3 bedrooms 1 double with en suite WC, 1 double, 1 twin (2'6 beds)
- Bathrooms: upstairs 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC, 1 shower room with WC, 1 en suite WC; downstairs 1 WC
- Kitchen large range style cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and washer/dryer
- Electric and central heating included
- Wi-Fi included
- Towels included
- 2 dogs welcome
- Stairgate is available
- Guests are politely requested to keep dogs downstairs
- Dogs are to be kept on a lead when walking around the estate
- Off-road parking is available for two cars
- Access to the undercliffs from the estate is via a steep footpath which can be challenging when wet and muddy and is accessed at your own risk
- Beach 3
- 5 miles, shop and pub 1 mile
Lyme Regis, nicknamed 'The Pearl of Dorset' lies on the World Heritage Jurassic Coast and is near Charmouth and the Devon border. Lyme Regis is a historic seaside resort and fishing port and boasts breathtaking scenery, making it a resort for all seasons. The town is famous for its fossils, often found on its beaches and cliffs. In fact, it was in the cliffs that the famous Ichthyosaur was discovered by Mary Anning, the daughter of a local fossil collector. She went on to find a complete Plesiosaur and the well-preserved remains of a flying reptile. Book a fossil walks with local experts to ensure you are both safe and full of knowledge by the end. The famous harbour wall known as 'The Cobb' featured in the film and novel of The French Lieutenant's Woman.
Lyme Regis is a great place to eat out and has a wide variety covering the globe as well as price. From traditional fish and chips to Asian fusion, Indian, Italian, Spanish and British. For foodies try Robin Wylde and their amazing taste menus. The Whole Hog will have you feeling full with excellent roasts while Red Panda offers Asian as well as a traditional British menu. For a proper wood-fired pizza try Pocco Pizza.