Located in Bridport, Dorset
Brimming with character both inside and out, this historic cottage is a cosy home from home from which to explore the stunning Dorset countryside and coastline.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
Set on the end of a pretty terrace of similar properties, this cottage is located on the edge of the pretty parish of Bradpole in West Dorset. With walks from the doorstep and the famous West Bay just three miles away, this is a fantastic base from which to explore the Jurassic Coast. Majestic sandstone cliffs and fossil-rich beaches make up this stunning 95-mile stretch of coastline, perfect for long walks with the family. The coast is dotted with lively seaside towns and villages, including Lyme Regis, Seaton and Charmouth, home to independent shops, cafes and restaurants. Closer to home, the bustling market town of Bridport boasts a rich rope-making heritage and a vibrant arts and culture scene.
A stable door opens into this charming property’s entrance hall, where there is space to leave coats and boots before continuing through to the lounge. With a beamed ceiling, wooden flooring, cosy rug and wood burner set into a brick fireplace, this is a homely room for relaxing after a long day by the sea. Watch a range of programmes on the Smart TV with BT Sport, challenge family members to a game on the Wii or simply sit back and listen to your favourite music using the iPod dock. The kitchen/diner beyond is a sunny space for cooking and entertaining. In the summer, allow light and air to stream through the patio door as you prepare delicious family meals in the traditional kitchen area before dining at the circular table nearby. Upstairs are two delightful bedrooms, one spacious double room with a feature Victorian fireplace and one twin room with an original tongue-and-groove wall. Both bedrooms have been finished in fresh, light decor and share a light and airy bathroom with an overhead shower.
Step outside from the kitchen to find a charming enclosed courtyard garden, perfect for enjoying a cup of morning coffee or glass of wine in the evenings. To the other side of a shared driveway/path is a large enclosed garden with trees, shrubs, flowerbeds, lawn, a BBQ and gravel seating area. There is also off-road parking for two cars.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Charming 150-year-old cottage in pretty edge-of-village location, sleeping four guests
- Within walking distance of the shops, cafes and restaurants of Bridport
- Sunny courtyard garden with alfresco seating
- Large enclosed garden with BBQ and dining area
- Wood burner in the lounge for cosy evenings together
- 3 miles from the sea at West Bay
- 2 bedrooms 1 double and 1 twin
- 1 bathroom with bath, overhead shower and WC
- Electric oven and gas hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, washing machine and dishwasher
- Smart TV with BT sport and entertainment, iPod dock and Wii
- Wi-Fi included
- 1 dog welcome
- Selection of games, books and DVDs
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed courtyard garden accessed from the kitchen/diner, further enclosed garden with lawn across the parking area
- Shop and pub within walking distance
Bridport is a small, busy market town on Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The town has quite a few independent shops, a supermarket, cafes and restaurants. There are also local markets here each week. Bridport has an arts centre, cinema, and museum. The museum includes an exhibition of the town's long history of rope-making amongst other exhibits. The town hosts the local food festival for a week at the end of June and ends with the Round Table Beer Festival. The town holds its annual carnival on the third Saturday in August. Visit Palmers Thatched Brewery to sample local beers and ale. Explore Mangerton Mill which is still a working water mill, visit the tea rooms attached and finish off with a country walk by the river.